Chiltern: HGV Technician
Closing Date: 31st May 2019
|HGV Electrical/Mechanical Technician
Due to increased business levels, our prestigious Chiltern Dealership based in Dunstable is currently looking for a qualified HGV Technicians with excellent electrical and mechanical skills to work on either a fixed day shift or fixed late shift:-
Mon - Thur 44 hours working a fixed DAY SHIFT 8am to 6pm (5pm on a Friday) and alternate Saturday mornings.
£15.00 pr hr + overtime paid at time and a half above 44 hours and for Saturday mornings.
44 hours working a fixed LATE SHIFT 10am to 10pm a week about:- Mon - Thurs then Tues to Fri and Saturday mornings on request.
c£17.00 pr hr + overtime paid at time and a half above 44 hours
We are looking for qualified HGV Technicians who have also preferably gained skills and experience in electrical fitting to focus on the Accessories Fitting of Cameras, Light Bars, Hazard Beacons, PDI's, Buzzers etc
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Diagnosis and repair of vehicles with a right first time attitude
- Electrical fitting of accessories
- Carrying out pre-Mot vehicles inspections to a high standard
- Servicing of vehicles to a high standard
- Participation in call out and breakdown rota
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment
- Carry out scheduled safety inspections and report any rectifications required
- Complete job cards clearly and accurately
Essential Qualifications and Knowledge
- C&G or NVQ3 Vehicle Technician qualification
- Electrical and Mechanical skills and experience
- Good understanding of H&S issues in a workshop environment
- Clean Driving Licence – HGV would be an advantage
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills.
- To be able to use/learn to use in-house computer systems.
- To be a team player at all times.
- To have a flexible approach to work commitments at all times.
- Undertake training as and when required by the Company
- Able to communicate at all levels with a positive and customer friendly attitude
- To be open and honest at all times.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV by clicking here
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
< Back to vacancies