Exeter: HGV or LCV Technician
Closing Date: 22nd August 2019
We have an amazing opportunity for a qualified Level 3 HGV or LCV Technican looking for a career within a prestigious dealership under the global brand of Renault Trucks. With new contracts looking for dedicated Renault servicing and warrantry work, bring your qualifications, skills and experience to a main dealer where on-going training and development is on offer with excellent benefits.
Hours: 40hr week - 06.00-14.30 and 13.30-22.00 alternate Sat's 08.00-12 at x1.5
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To carry out service and repair work efficiently and competently to the required level of quality and within the standard time allocated and additional duties as specified below.
- Key responsibilities will include:
- Testing of vehicles, diagnosing faults and repairing in a safe and correct manner.
- Wide variety of servicing and repair work.
- Preparing vehicles for MOTs.
- Safety checks.
- Liaison with Parts Department to ensure correct parts are issued to enable job to be completed efficiently and within the requirement timescale.
- Servicing of vehicles and ensuring good care is taken whilst they are in the custody of the workshop.
- Completing all relevant job cards, paperwork and records to the required standard.
- Working overtime as and when required to satisfy customer needs.
- Ensuring all aspects of ISO, H&S and Environmental regulations are adhered to including the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ensuring product knowledge and skills are maintained, kept updated and in line with company requirements.
- Attendance at training courses when identified and as required.
- Participating in the “out of hours” standby/call out rotas
Skills and abilities:
- Good team player
- Proven LCV technician experience
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Excellent diagnostic skills
- LCV Level 3 Technical qualifications or equivalent
- Driving licence (LGV Class 1 would be an advantage)
- Overtime at x 1.5 for hours above basic weekly hours and for Saturday mornings.
- 25 days rising with service.
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare Scheme
- Employee discounts across retailers, cinemas, ++++
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on Renault and Volvo cars
- Training towards Master Technician
- Assistance in gaining a Class 1 & 2 Licence if applicable
Renault Truck Commercials Ltd is an equal opportunity employer
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV by clicking here
< Back to vacancies